O projeto Low Carbon Business Action Canada ( website) dinamiza mais uma oportunidade de divulgar internacionalmente as competências das empresas portuguesas e potencialmente encontrar oportunidades de negócio.
O processo é simples, decorrendo online, e o suporte da UE que este projeto proporciona é muito interessante ao selecionar os challenges, mediar a selecção de empresas europeias para pitching e, para os que avançam, todo o suporte colateral a que as relações económicas ocorram.
Tipicamente os challenges pretendem conhecer empresas europeias e seus produtos e serviços, mesmo que só foquem parte do problema/cadeia de valor e com eles encetar processos de eco-mudança.
- pilot air- and water-source heat pump (ASHP/WSHP) solutions to replace natural gas-fired space heating equipment (Building space heating electrification | QuadReal)
- end-to-end solutions which could provide either a full or partial electrification of marine vessel operations - Proposed solutions will allow the vessel to operate on electric power for Departures and arrival/landings (minimum) or full propulsion (desired);
All on-board activities requiring energy (Electrification of marine vessel operations | VMCC)
- Solutions to lower the GHG footprint and enhance the sustainability of our flagship property, and/or enable renewable energy integration into the building, including on-site energy storage; EV Charging stations; Replacement of the onsite diesel generator with a natural gas generator (Energy-efficient building retrofit | Canadian Urban)
- solutions to valorize fat, oil and grease (FOG) collected from food service establishments to produce low carbon alternative fuels or/and other marketable by-products - Units should fit in enclosed facility (27ft height); Preference for low maintenance systems that can operate with minimum oversight; solutions with small footprint. The process should be able to handle certain levels of chloride, phosphorus and metals [Fat, oil and grease to fuel | Walker Industries]
- reduce GHG emissions, as well as NOX and particulate matter in locomotives and engineering track equipment trough solutions like driver advisory & scheduling software; Aerodynamic enhancements
Sustainable fuels; Electrification; Diesel particulate filtering; Engine conversion/optimization [Locomotive emissions reduction | G&W]
- Vessel owners (vessel types include, but are not limited to, tugs, pilot boats, emergency response coastal tugs, small passenger harbour ferries, small coastal ferries and ror-ro ocean going ferries) are looking for solutions which offer lower carbon intensity or renewable fuels. The overall solution should address provision of a new propulsion system or engine retrofit (if needed); supply of fuel within Salish Sea operations (either onboard, bunkering or jetty) [Low-carbon fuels for marine vessels | VMCC]
Grid-side innovations to integrate renewable generation technologies like solar, small hydro (including run-of-river), biomass combined heat and power, and to some extent, wind, into remote, community owned microgrids with fixed speed diesel generators like variable-speed generators, battery storage systems designed specifically to address peak load management, or similar technologies that can maximize renewable output [Microgrid integration for renewables | BC Hydro]
- Recycle or upcycle quartz tailings from iron ore mining operations. Particularly interested in, but not limited to, technologies that could: Remove impurities from the tailings (e.g. bio-mediated processes such as bio-refining / bio-leaching, physical separation processes such as density or cyclone separation, etc.) to produce a high grade Silica product. Transform the tailings into Silica based industrial products (e.g. Sodium silicate also known as “water glass”, glass, etc.). [Mine tailings recycling/upcycling | ArcelorMittal]
- On-site pre-processing of organic waste for grocery stores - The solution must reduce the volume of organic waste on-site, generate a pumpable slurry (i.e. grind, macerate, homogenize, etc.) and store the end product in secured units. The storage unit should allow for collection via vacuum trucks that transport materials to anaerobic digestion facilities for the generation of clean renewable energy. [On-site organic waste processing | Walker Environmental]
Solutions which optimize energy use and improve energy efficiency with respect to anchorage of vessels at ports [Optimisation of energy use at ports | VMC]
Solutions to reduce fuel consumption and/or GHG/CAC emissions of international long-haul ships, this scope does include modifications and upgrades to engine room equipment, such as innovative drive technologies. Examples include optimization of vessel replenishment and dispatching within the port and provision of an alternate source of power while anchored. [Reduction of long-haul shipping energy consumption | VMCC]
Lightweight reusable or recyclable alternatives to eliminate plastic and replace single use items for in-flight service - looking for items and solutions that will enable to Remove or reduce plastic; Decrease or eliminate single use items; Reduce packaging; Use sustainable materials (ex. amenity kits) [Sustainable in-flight service | Air Transat]
As candidaturas/manifestações de interesse estão abertas até 23 de Julho!